Serving Patients in Silver Spring, Maryland
Hearing Aid Devices and Technology for Maryland Patients of All Ages
Patients often rely on computers, cell phones, and other high-tech equipment to cope with hearing loss in their daily lives. While a hearing aid offers similar advantages, it is much more than another electronic device—for many people, it is a way for them to have complete control over their environments and the freedom to live their lives on their own terms.
At Red Hat Audiology, we know how difficult it can be to shop for a hearing aid. Our motto is “Our Clients Receive the Best Service in Maryland,” and we stand by that by helping you hear your best for as long as possible. Our hearing aid fitting services are performed by licensed audiologists who take the time to fully explain common problems associated with your type of hearing loss, allowing you to get the treatment with minimal disruption to your life.
Discover the Perfect Hearing Aid to Suit Your Needs
We offer a wide range of top-of-the-line hearing aids such as Widex®, Oticon®, Phonak®, Sound Cure®, and Starkey© devices, and we continually update our products with new technologies to meet our patients’ hearing health needs. Our audiology staff will be happy to help you choose from the many different models of hearing devices, including:
- Behind-the-Ear (BTE) devices. These devices are the most popular type of hearing aid. BTE models have a plastic casing that sits behind the ear, which is connected via plastic tubing or thin wire to a small receiver placed inside the ear. These devices typically offer more power than smaller models, as well as external volume and setting controls.
- In-the-Ear (ITE) devices. These hearing aids are contained in a single plastic unit that sits inside the ear bowl. They are the largest of the one-piece hearing device options, but come in a variety of colors to reduce visibility.
- In-the-Canal (ITC) devices. ITC hearing aids are smaller than ITE devices, and fit inside the ear canal rather than the ear bowl. These devices are custom-molded for each wearer’s ear, and only the outer portion is visible to others.
- Completely-in-the-Canal (CIC) devices. These are the smallest kinds of hearing devices on the market. They are molded to fit completely inside the wearer’s ear canal, and are adjusted via remote control so they do not need to be removed for adjustment throughout the day.
- Ear protection. Loud work environments, concerts, sporting events, power tools, firearms, motorcycles, snowmobiles—any one of these can permanently damage your hearing. We make custom molds for hearing protection that are fitted to individual ear canals, making them comfortable for long wear. Our ear protection comes in a variety of designs, sizes, and colors, and we have plugs designed specifically for swimmers and performing musicians.
Our Technicians Can Keep Your Device in Tip-Top Shape!
We understand that a hearing aid is vital to your everyday life, and that you don’t have time for your device to break down or give a spotty performance. If your device is not delivering optimal sound, we work quickly to identify and diagnose any problems you may have with your chosen hearing aid, including:
- Replacement of wax filters, tubing, batteries, and other worn or damaged components.
- Diagnostic testing to ensure that the device is working properly.
- Reprogramming your device for optimal correction if your hearing needs have changed.
- Ear wax removal and inspection of the ear canal.
- Checking the fit of your device to prevent feedback and other sound problems.
- Deep-cleaning your device to remove wax and debris that prevent sound transmission.
- Maintenance tips (such as moisture and battery control) to lengthen the life of your device.
A hearing aid is an investment in your life, so it’s vital that you take your time and learn as much as you can before you make your final decision. Our doctors of audiology stay with you every step of the way, from diagnosing your hearing problem to helping you select the best hearing device for your condition and budget. Call the number on this page or fill out our online form to make an appointment in our Silver Spring or Bowie offices today!